Thursday, September 30

What's a Little Snuggle...

between friends?
Airline "friends", that is!

Was it something I said?

Returning from east Texas on Saturday, I had to switch planes in Albuquerque.
Not only were there Phoenix-bound passengers boarding, but also some travelers headed to El Paso...by way of Phoenix **go figure**.

I spied the perfect aisle seat to take an hour's nap...middle seat empty, window seat occupant engrossed in a novel.
Awesome!
I took my place, got comfy and avoided eye-contact with those still seat-searching...

...thank you Southwest Airlines for letting my bags fly free, but unassigned seating is a tad bit stressful right about now...

tap-tap-tap on my shoulder.
MAP (male airline passenger) inquiring about availability of empty middle seat and asked if he could just SCOOT in.
MAP was carrying Muscle Magazine and looked as if he could be on the cover himself.
MAP scooting into middle seat was not going to be easy or comfy for the 3 of us involved.
I asked if MAP would be deplaning in Phoenix and when he said "yes" I told him I was too, and so to make things easier I would just scoot to middle seat.

That makes perfect sense, right?
MAP not having to crawl over me, and then me not having to crawl over MAP in Phoenix.

He thanked me and we small-talked a little bit.
The next thing I know, MAP is pushing up the armrest that divides our personal space and leans in **toward me**.
He then asks the flight attendant if there is a blanket.
No blankets, thank goodness.
But at that point, as he's getting comfy **in my space** I'm thinking WHAT THE HECK?

I quit conversing with MAP, scooted closer to window seat lady **who seemed amused by the situation** and faked sleep for the rest of the flight.

Why do I find myself in these situations?
Do I smile too much?
Am I too friendly?

At least it's entertaining for my friends and family!


Happy October Eve!

5 comments:

The Jessups said...

hahahaha. How did you fail to tell me this in our multi-daily conversations?!

Kim Messick said...

Yes... Very entertaining for us to read! I could actually picture the whole scene in my head and I was feeling a little uncomfortable myself!

Bracken and Bracken said...

It must be cause you have a beautiful smile ;) You have the best stories!!

McMemories said...

hahahaha! great story!

Jerlyn said...

Too funny! Definitely entertaining for the rest of us!