Wednesday, September 8

One Ring...and FIT TIP (#102)

At the end of the day

one ring says it all.


I have a boyfriend.
The dictionary has confirmed it.
**Mr. R, "someone", boyfriend...one and the same**

boy-friend
-noun
a frequent or favorite male companion; beau.

Synonyms
sweetheart
companion
confidant
follower
intimate
admirer
partner

Yup, that's him. I have a boyfriend, BUT
sometimes it feels/sounds funny using that particular word.

Why? Because it brings to mind teenagers, BUT
guess what?

He was my boyfriend when we were teenagers.
Awesome, right?

It really is a cool story...some say "Oprah worthy"...hehe.
I will spare most of the details, BUT
will share "one ring".

When I was 18 and he was 19, he left on a two-year journey. **missionary for our church** Boyfriend came up with an idea...each night he would dial my number, let the phone ring once and hang up. I would then dial his number, let the phone ring once and hang up.

One ring = good night, I love you.
Brilliant!

**I may or may not have had a little help from my family returning the "one ring" some nights. I mean really, how many 18 year-old girls are home each night between 9 and 10?**

Fast forward. After many **like a lot** years, our paths once again crossed and he is once again my boyfriend. Ahhhhhh!... it's okay, you can say it out loud, everyone does. Now we spend lots of time together, BUT
at the end of the day,
he still sends "one ring" my way!


FIT TIP (#102): Beat the Clock
Spend less time **about 20 to 30 seconds** resting between sets at he beginning of your workout when your muscles aren't exhausted, and more time **40 to 60 seconds** as they become fatigued.

This method, known as density training, can cut the time you spend working out by as much as 15 to 20 percent. It also forces your muscles to work harder while improving your endurance at the same time.

4 comments:

The Jessups said...

It's public, you said it! Wowzahs! :)

Jamie Jo said...

Will he ever be giving you a different kind of ring?

I wish I had a boyfriend. I make a much nicer, cooler, more exciting girlfriend than I do wife.

Jerlyn said...

Awwww! This post brought a HUGE smile to my face. I am with Jamie, are you looking forward to a different kind of ring, soon?
I aboslutely love the one ring at night, what a brilliant plan!

Kim Messick said...

That's so sweet! Hey, I married my missionary after writing him a "Dear John" on his mission! He even gave me a ring before he left! And I still have it.
Good luck with the boyfriend!