Friday, July 30

Secret Weapons...and FIT TIP (#97)

I'm not really a napper **except on Sundays**
but I think I could **right this very minute**
in one of these spots---


I'm all about balance **my 2010 word**
so I read the article
Naps and Balance
in The Washington Post.


It **the article** referred to napping as
a secret weapon
in becoming a better parent and
a more productive worker...


increasing patience and energy to meet needs
in the late afternoon and evening hours
when chaos rules...

helping to master "the juggle" on a daily basis.


Do you nap?

Do you have a secret weapon in the juggling war?


FIT TIP (#97): Full Steam Ahead
A luxurious lavender facial steam can help unclog pores, clear sinuses and promote deep relaxation.

Try this: Pour almost-boiling water into a wide, heatproof bowl; add several drops of organic lavender oil. Hover over the bowl with a towel over your head, breathing deeply.

8 comments:

Jerlyn said...

Awww... I would love to be in any of those spots. Especially the hammock! Heavenly!!! Love your posts. Wish I was a napper... ready for 8am church so I can be. :-)

Heather said...

I do nap & I totally blame my mom who made me nap until a ridiculous age!! ;) But a nap to me is a couple hours so those power naps just make me more tired. But thank you soo much for those beautiful, relaxing pictures!! I'm now smiling & daydreaming!

The Jessups said...

i loooooove my naps! oh no, i wonder if my kids will nap until a ridiculous age, because I love that time for MY nap, or anything else!!

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

i love my 20 minute afternoon naps, if i nap any longer i feel sluggish. it's nice because my body just wakes up after 20 minutes and i don't have to set my alarm anymore. that way i get a nap and stuff done when chloe is still napping, i hope this doesn't change when my little sir comes. i love lavender i just made a organic lavender lemonade the other night it was a nice summer nights treat!!

Connie said...

Charee--lavendar lemonade recipe, please!!! xoxo

Kim Messick said...

Finally! You suggest something that I already do!!!
Fifteen minute nap in the afternoon works wonders on my day! And I do love a lavender steam facial! YES!

McMemories said...

I want one of each of those hammocks!! Glad you and my mom had a fun lunch today!!!
and I want lavender lemonade recipe too!!

Jamie Jo said...

I love naps!!! I nap with Spencer and Milly and it is my favorite time of day. We probably nap too long (1-2 hours) but oh well. These are my last little muffins, and they won't be nappers for much longer. I have to get in all my cuddle time while I can. Before long they'll be teenagers who think I can't do anything right. ;)