Thursday, July 8

Ah Shucks...and FIT TIP (#93)

What's better than corn on the cob?
Corn without the cob.
**and smiling with confidence--knowing you don't have corn stuck in your teeth**
Southwest Calico Corn

So yummy I've fixed it twice in 5 days...
and quite possibly again today!

--1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
--1 Poblano Pepper **love these**
--1 Small Red Bell Pepper
--2 Cups Fresh Corn Kernels
--1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
--1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
--1/4 Teaspoon Salt
--1 Cup Hominy (rinsed)
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add poblano pepper, bell pepper and corn, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cumin and salt; cook for 30 seconds more. Add hominy and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes more.
**I didn't have a red pepper on hand...wasn't totally calico, was totally yummy.**

FIT TIP (#93): Divide and Conquer
If you're a born snacker, divide your daily calories into six or seven mini meals so you always feel like you're having a nibble.

4 comments:

Jerlyn said...

Looks like a great recipe. I sure do love fresh corn! Hope you are having a great summer!

Heather said...

YUM YUM YUM!!! I bought 10 ears of corn because it was 10/$1....and its just me haha! I know I didn't have to buy 10 but I love it this time of year when its so sweet & delicious so I did. So I will definitely have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

The Jessups said...

YUM! I'm so behind on the blogging world from this weekend! Had FUN!

Jamie Jo said...

I love corn on the cob, but I always cut it off the cob first! My family makes so much fun of me, but I hate the feeling of all that corn between my teeth!