Sunday, August 15

Flipping Out and Holding Out...and FIT TIP (#98)

First, let me admit
I'm suffering from serious withdrawals.
I had a blast in California with Gavin
and his mommy & daddy.
**and beautifully cool weather**
I love & adore these three...soon to be 4!


and now, regarding FLIPPING OUT and HOLDING OUT

FLIPPING OUT ** Jeff Lewis, Zoila and the rest of the gang**
Thank you for returning.
Chock-full of unexpected one-liners that never fail to entertain!
Can I get a woot-woot?


HOLDING OUT **clearing out my inbox, I came upon this article**

11 Things Every Girl Should Hold Out For

**I need to add, that if you are not single, you cannot hold out...enjoy what you've got**

1. A guy who can make you laugh. Can he make you at least chuckle when the chips are down?

2. A guy who will laugh at your jokes and "get" you. If you think you're funny at all, does he "get" it and appreciate it?

3. A guy who will attend your lame "things." He will go to a boring event even though he will get nothing out of it---he goes for you.

4. A guy who will do nothing with you. Could you entertain each other on a deserted island or while stuck in traffic?

5. A guy who will give you a thoughtful gift or card. Does he have his moments of showing you he has thought about you?

6. A guy who will say he loves you. Not just because you want him to, but because he wants to.

7. A guy you respect. Are you proud of him? Is he proud of himself?

8. A guy you have good chemistry with. Enough so that every time you argue, you will be motivated to work it out.

9. A guy who agrees with you about travel. Does he want to go places and see things with you?

10. A guy with similar family goals.

and then #11...which is just simply wonderful...

11. A guy who sees you the way you want to be seen. He thinks you're smart, funny, beautiful and powerful---always. Even on the days when you can't believe any of that about yourself.

So, are/were any of these "deal-breakers" or "deal-sealers" for you?


FIT TIP (#98): Design It
Rather than trying every new diet fad, design your own plan that will fit your lifestyle. You need to cut out only 150 calories a day to lose 15 pounds in a year, so start small.

7 comments:

The Jessups said...

great post all around!! i wish we could have gone to CA, too, there was just no way with our crazy month! :( Gavin is sooooooo freakin cute. I miss that cute fam.

Jamie Jo said...

#1-Gavin is adorable!
#2-Who is that man in the photo?
#3-Does "someone" meet all your hold-outs?
#4-150 calories a day is all you need to give up? If I just stopped eating Moose Bars (chocolate ice cream bars) I could swing it!
#5-I wish you were coming up to Utah again and we could visit. I miss you!

Jordan and Rachel said...

Oh I'm so glad you got to come see us. It was too short though, we'll definitely be putting Phoenix high on our job-search list. Don't worry i put a picture on our blog where Gavin is smiling. Your gum might be showing, but his smile outweighed the gum. Also Gavin got really excited when he saw your picture. Love you!

Bracken and Bracken said...

Didn't know their family was growing...SO exciting :) Yay!!

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

i wish i could of come too, he is just so yummy and has grown up so much since i last saw him!!! i miss those guys so much!! ps tanner loved talking with you:) we love you so much!

Jerlyn said...

I think Gavin is absolutely adorable! Too too cute!
I love the hold-out list. I knew that I held out for a good one! So glad I did! I hope you have a great day!

Kim Messick said...

That was an adorable post all the way to the end! Thanks for the smile today...
Yep. Got me one of those guys to hold on to! :)