Sunday, August 22

Blue Skies...and FIT TIP (#99)

Some favorite BLUE images...
in honor of the last week of August!















Blueberry Smoothie
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 banana
1/2 cup ice
1 T. honey
Blend and enjoy!
Want to sneak in a little green?
Add 1/4 cup frozen peas or a **small** handful of spinach.



FIT TIP (#99): Summer Sizzle
Hop into a cold shower BEFORE your workout. A German study this year found that a pre-exercise cooldown improves performance in the heat--probably because it lowers your heart rate as well as core and skin temperatures.

Try this: If you can't get excited about a cold shower...just cooling your neck and/or head with an ice pack may make a difference.

4 comments:

The Jessups said...

i can't believe august is almost over!!

Kim Messick said...

LOVE this post! It really made me feel a little melancholy - My favorite color is blue and your pictures were perfect...And I'm gonna miss summer!

Connie said...

Ahhhh Kim, I'm not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to summer's end along with it's 100-plus degree days.

Jamie Jo said...

That smoothie sounds good. We went blueberry picking in Washington on our vacation and they were so yummy! I have put spinach in my smoothies, but not peas. I wonder what that is like. I do like peas.