Friday, August 27

Crossing the Line(s)...and FIT TIP (#100)

What is your summer activity of choice?
Do you have "the lines" to prove it?


Do you use sunscreen?
If you don't...you will...I promise!
I used to live for a great tan.
Then I became aware of the dangers of UVA and UVB rays.

Seriously?
There are ways to disguise "runner's tan".


Before FIT TIP #100...I've been asking myself
and now I'll ask you:
~Do you read them?
~Are they helpful and/or entertaining?
~Should I keep posting them?

Okay...FIT TIP (#100): Sunscreen Savvy **staying on topic**
Sunscreen should be applied to clean, dry skin 30 minutes before exposure to the sun, which allows it to absorb properly. **oops, not so good at that**

Budget brands are just as effective as the more expensive brands.

Overcast weather still requires sunscreen because 80 percent of ultra-violet radiation is still present.

Happy Weekend! Cooler and cloudy days in **the Valley of the Sun** forecast!

6 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Those tan lines are funny. I get biker short lines all the time. No way are those feet that white! That was disgusting looking! One of them looked liked she'd dipped her feet in white paint first. Yes, keep up with the Fit Tips!

Bracken and Bracken said...

Hilarious pictures!! Being a CA girl, I have always been a major hater of tan lines myself :) Too bad I only started using sunscreen religiously after I noticed age spots at the rightful age of 22 :( Too bad you can't go back in time!!

Heather said...

Yes please keep the fit tips coming!! Congrats for hitting 100! I love them (& the lovely pics you post!)

As a recovering tanorexic I have officially given up the tanning beds for over a year now and started wearing sunscreen for the 1st time this summer. I know these might seem like small steps for some but they are huge steps for a girl that has tanned in tanning beds year round since high school (& worked at a tanning salon for 4yrs!) But I'll admit my motivation had come from work. Working at MD Anderson & taking care of a 23yr old patient w/ a young pregnant wife who has metastatic melanoma and is going home on hospice with only a few months to live then heading to the tanning beds just doesn't sit well with me. It'll take me some time to give up the natural tan though, baby steps!

The Jessups said...

your fit tips are great! And those pics are so funny. Yikes on Heather's story!!

Jerlyn said...

Yes, I love the fit tips! Funny tan lines.

Kim Messick said...

Hilarious tan lines! I, myself, don't have any tan lines to show off this summer - I didn't go out once!!! Sad, I know, but I am becoming more and more afraid of the sun spots all over my body! I had a lot of them burned off of my hands last year and I don't want anymore!!!
I use sunscreen all over my body, and hands especially, everyday! I love your fit tips - don't leave me now!!!