Sunday, March 15

Top O' the Morning!...and FIT TIP (#9)

So, it's not quite morning...but I wanted to say something Irish-y...and that's all I could think of.
Irish Blessing: May your blessings outnumber the shamrock that grow and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.


At a loss for words? Try kissing the Blarney Stone (Blarney Castle, Co. Cork, Ireland). Thought to give visitors exceptional powers of speech, the stone must be kissed upside down from a prone position. In an effort to ensure the safety of visiting kissers, Blarney Castle provides a worker to assist in the process. Hmmm...

The (St. Patrick's Day) pinch is a tradition that was started here in the states by school children. Wearing green is strictly a U.S. custom, as green is not a popular color in Ireland.

A few ideas to help you avoid the pinch:




I will pass on the green lipstick and green hair...but would definitely consider the bracelet.

A green, yummy fat-free alternative to ice cream...one of my fave frozen treats: lime sherbet. **I'm not a huge "fat-free" fan, but you know how I feel about lime...and this gets a thumbs up!
And now...

FIT TIP (#9): Become a Fidgeter

fidg-et to move about restlessly, nervously, or impatiently.

I know, it doesn't sound very attractive. Guess what? Fidgeters burn 350-500 more calories a day than non-fidgeters.

Guess what else? I'm going to start fidgeting. Not ready to go public yet...but, I will definitely become a private fidgeter. Would you care to join me?

TRY THIS: While blogging, talking on the phone, or watching tv: wiggle and twist. **Just like those "antsy" people who are so annoying when you are trying to relax :)


3 comments:

The Jessups said...

Great decorations, AS ALWAYS!! I, too, LOVE the green bracelet! That's a lot of calories for a fidgeter to burn. I am bouncing my leg while I type now.

Connie said...

Haha...I'm thinking you have to be a pretty heavy-duty fidgeter to hit the 500 calorie mark. I'm fidgeting right now myself :)

Jamie Jo said...

I remembered St. Pat's Day once I got Spencer to school-dressed in blue and yellow. Nice. My mom use to make a green dinner, and I think my sisters do. I planned my menu yesterday and have tacos scheduled for tonight. Not very Irish or green. Oh well. I'll redeem myself at Easter.