Wednesday, March 18

Once Again, It's Love...and FIT TIP (#10)

Love of lime continues!
Need to share this scrumptious-ness now...before "soup season" in the Valley of the Sun comes to an end. **'twas more than a tad bit warm here today!
COCONUT-LIME CHICKEN SOUP

So good, I've decided that during soup off-season, I'm going to fix it anyway...a love thing.
It's quick & easy. I dare you to try it and not fall head-over-heels.

Ingredients:

~2 large chicken breasts, cooked
~1 15 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
~2 cups water
~1/4 lime juice (1 large lime)
~3 medium carrots, thin-sliced diagonally
~1 Tbsp. soy sauce
~2 tsp. Thai seasoning blend (I used more...and added extra curry)
~1/4 tsp. salt

Optional garnishes: fresh cilantro, lime wedges, Thai seasoning blend

Shred Chicken. In large saucepan combine all ingredients. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Garnish & serve.

This makes 4 servings...I advise you to double the recipe :) It's even better the next day!

I served it with crusty bread. Next time I'm serving it with a side of rice...the way Mexican soups are served on the border. Each person can then decide to mix it in with the soup or eat separately. Either way...yumm!

FIT TIP (#10): Spring-ish Ways to Burn 100

In honor of this glorious time of year, here are some fun ways to burn 100 calories...almost without even trying!

~fly a kite for 20 minutes
~play sand volleyball for 13 minutes
~rearrange furniture for 17 minutes
~hula hoop for 22 minutes
~leisurely swim for 17 minutes
~walk up and down 33 flights of stairs
~ride 20 mph on your bike for 6 minutes
~jump rope for 8 minutes
~roller skate for 15 minutes
~drink 3 cups of green tea in a 24 hour period
~dirt devil your car floor mats for 5 minutes and then wax your ride for 20 minutes
~bowl for 34 minutes

3 comments:

The Jessups said...

Oh I can't wait to try this!! It may one of the [few!] soups that Cliff would consider a meal. He's a meat and potato kinda guy, what can I say. But for the love of lime...

Connie said...

Use lots of chicken...I can guarantee, he'll love this one!

Jamie Jo said...

Coconut Soup is one of my favorite Thai dishes. I make it at home, but it's much better in Thailand. I buy the 'Taste of Thai' coconut ginger soup base, which then calls for some chicken, coconut milk, and chicken broth. I've put onions and mushrooms, which they do at the resterants, but my kids like it better without. Sometimes I'll mix rice in just to thicken it up. I'll have to try your recipe next time. I love limes too!