Monday, February 2

Smitten...and FIT TIP (#1, continued)

A good time to be smitten.
It is February after all.
Came across this, and it was too good not to share.

The Smitten Mitten.
Made of warm, plush polar fleece.
It comes with an owner's manual...hmmm.

Would you? Because I'm thinking I don't know anyone who would.
Maybe Bennett. And now...

FIT TIP (#1, continued): **after receiving a few comments, emails and even a phone call regarding tips on getting those 7 hours of snooze time (to promote Leptin-the appetite suppressant hormone) I decided on a continuation of tip #1.

6 Sleep Suggestions:

*Go to bed and get up at about the same time every day, even on the weekends. **Sticking to a schedule helps reinforce your body's sleep-wake cycle and can help you fall asleep better at night.

*Don't eat or drink large amounts before bedtime. **Eat dinner at least 2 hours before bedtime. Avoid spicy or fatty foods if you're prone to heartburn. Too much liquid in the evening can cause you to wake repeatedly for trips to the bathroom.

*Exercise regularly. **Regular physical activity (especially aerobic exercise) can help you fall asleep faster and sleep more restful. Don't exercise within 3 hours of bedtime...tends to energize.

*Sleep primarily at night. **Daytime naps may steal hours from nighttime slumber. Limit daytime sleep to 30 minutes and make it during midafternoon.

*Start a relaxing bedtime routine. **Do the same things each night to tell your body it's time to wind down. Those of you with babies and toddlers...this is good for them too!!!

*Go to bed when you're tired and turn out the lights. **If you don't fall asleep within 15 to 20 minutes, get up and do something else. Go back to bed when you're tired. Don't agonize over falling asleep. The stress will only prevent sleep.

Sweet slumber (and/or a smitten mitten) to you!


6 comments:

The Jessups said...

hahaha, that is HILARIOUS!!

And thanks for the sleeping tips. I will pass them on to the hubby!

Bracken and Bracken said...

OMG!! I was cracking up :) Especially at the Bennett part!!

Patti's and Bobbi's Excellent Adventures said...

These are great sleep ideas, Connie. I make one huge mistake tho....I have a TV in my bedroom because I have to watch Letterman before I go to sleep. I guess that's part of MY routine. I hated that the Cardinals lost. The 4th quarter was a stunner. Trevor has been a Steelers fan all his life, so of course he's thrilled. I'm trying to get back into blogging. So, don't give up on me!

Jamie Jo said...

I own a Smitten Mitten, what's wrong with that. J/K I'll have to try your sleep tips. My nighttime sleep is a stress to me.

Connie said...

Haha, Jamie. For one tiny second I almost believed you :)

Kim Messick said...

Funniest Home Video! I love the smitten mitten! Too cute for words!