Thursday, February 19

Good Eats, Sweet Treats...and FIT TIP (#4)

These 3 (simple & inexpensive) ingredients...

tilapia (non-fishy white fish, that I seriously love), sweet potatoes, and (optional to some, but never to me) onion...


become this. And please take my word, it tastes oh-so much better than it looks!

If you are a fan of sweet potato fries, you will love this healthier version.

In a shallow baking dish, arrange tilapia fillets, thinly sliced potatoes and onions. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt & pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Add a simple green salad and you've got a healthy and satisfying meal.


My current sweet treat obsession:

Mint with dark chocolate. I love mint...almost as much as I love lime! They come in this fun size **really, what's so fun about about a smaller candy bar? Less guilt :) The package even boasts 45% less fat. **less fat than what, I'd like to know. And now...


FIT TIP (#4): Be Kind to Yourself

Top ten ways to make the most of ten minutes:

  • Make a cup of green tea
  • Drink a tall glass of water
  • Make a gratitude list
  • Enjoy a healthy snack
  • Take a walk
  • Stretch your body
  • Meditate
  • Write in your journal
  • Do some strength training on an exercise ball
  • Shop online for a workout DVD

Try this: Pick one in the morning and another in the afternoon.

**or just eat a 3 Musketeers mint fun size :)



5 comments:

The Jessups said...

YUMMY! Cliff would love it. He loves the sweet potato fries that he used to get at Rumbi when we lived in SLC.

Anything mint gets my stamp of approval!

And good fit tips!! Love ya!

Heather said...

Yum, can't wait to try it! I used to hate sweet potatoes but have now learned that I like them in thin strips, so I'll definitely have to try this one!

Kim Messick said...

Yeah! What a great idea! All of the above - love it all!!! Thanks!
I'm lovin' your blog...

Jerlyn said...

I am definitely going to try this recipe. Yum.

Jamie Jo said...

I can't do dark chocolate but I do love mint! I have found the new Fiber Plus and Fiber One bars and they are so good. They are only 2 points for my Weight Watchers total, and they are such a special treat.