Friday, January 30

The Reality of Reality TV...and FIT TIP (#1)

Have wondered how real Reality TV is.
Have laughed, gasped, shrieked, and even cheered while watching various seasons of The Bachelor and -ette.
Have been entertained, inspired, motivated, and even a bit mortified while witnessing Dancing with the Stars.
Tuning in to Flipping Out (thank you, Bravo TV)...Jeff Lewis and his crew (Who are these people?) have cracked me up, given me goosebumps, made me gag, and boosted my self-esteem. **If you ever want/need to feel like a calm, balanced, well-adjusted individual, watch this one :)

Had never watched this:

until this season.

A guy from my new (church) ward is on it. And people, this one is real. Having worked in the fitness industry for many years...I'm impressed! I love when people grasp the health/fitness concept. It excites me when they "up" their quality of life factors. And so, I basically have enjoyed this bit of reality and cheer on the participants. **Not just the team in Black!

Do wish they could keep their shirts on during weigh-ins. Is it just me? And...


FIT TIP #1: Skimping on your zzzzz's affects your appetite. Insufficient sleep--less than 7 hours--appears to tip hunger hormones out of whack. Leptin, which suppresses appetite, is lowered; ghrelin, which stimulates appetite, gets a boost. **2006 Institute of Medicine report

Happy Weekend, and get your sleep on!



8 comments:

Heather said...

I'm a huge Biggest Loser fan!! It makes me cry each week! Is it Blaine that you know?? I love him!

Connie said...

Blaine's cousin, Dane. AND, his sister is in Kendal's ward in Lubbock! I'll admit, I've been teary-eyed more than once watching that show!

Jamie Jo said...

So I'm tired every day and nap...and then night comes and I sleep horribly. Even though I'm yawning, I can't fall to sleep and I toss and turn and get up about 4 times to pee. I even took 2 sleeping pills a few nights ago and still couldn't fall asleep until I went to my boys bunk bed. Help.

Connie said...

Jamie--try to drink most of your fluids before 6pm...so, start early (water, green tea etc.)and end early. That should put an end to the midnight bathroom visits. I am going to email you in regards to a sleeping routine! We'll tackle that one!

Bracken and Bracken said...

I hope fit tip #2 is how to get at least 7 hours of sleep with a newborn and noisy neighbors!!

Klepinger said...

Bob and I love working out to it on Wednesday mornings.....something about Jillian yelling at her crew makes me work a little harder (and it's good for my self esteem:)

The Jessups said...

I know, this is our first time to watch Biggest Loser faitfully, and I'm right there with Heather. My eyes tear up at the end of every episode. You don't want to see them go.

As far as reality TV in general. It's easy to become an adict to reality TV. I just wish these 2 (Bachelor and Biggest Loser) would be just an hour!

Lastly...good tip. Need to pass on to my insomniatic husband.

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

what a good post all i can say is thank goodness as far as the bachelor goes!!