Tuesday, January 25

Bangle Times Two...and FIT TIP (#121)

I am smitten...
with my vintage bangles!
They are petite and therefore hinged, for easy **on/off** maneuvering.

I found the black one at one of my favorite local shops.
It was a steal of a deal. And I wear black a lot.
Handy!

A few months later I came across the cream bakelite beauty while visiting one of my favorite spots **with Mr. R** in Texas.

It was love at first sight and the proprietor insisted I try it on.
It was NOT a steal of a deal. Mr. R surprised me with it.
Sweet and sweet!


Same trip, different shopand Mr. R insisted I also needed these.
**I have a mild obsession with animal print**



FIT TIP (#121): Staying Social
What are friends for? Longevity, it seems.
Harvard University studies show that staying social:
---slows memory loss
---reduces stress
---cuts risk of disease by
lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.



Words for the Week
{1.24.2011}
"What counts in making a happy relationship is not how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility."

6 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

LOVE the cream bangle, the shoes, & the toenail polish!

Jerlyn said...

Love the quote! So True! Love reading your wonderful insights. Thank you!

Bracken and Bracken said...

Cute bangles and even cuter shoes!!

The Jessups said...

How did I miss this post? Just got on to check the stripes! I love those bangles. AND, I think we have room to be more social over here. haha.

Kim Messick said...

Cute shoes and love the quote - may I post that on my facebook?