Monday, January 10

New Baby, New Word...and FIT TIP (#119)

My second son has a second son!Holden was born on January 3rd, Gavin's 2nd birthday!
Love you, Rachel & Jordan and your two precious chunk-a-lunks!




My word for

is INTENTIONAL



-adjective
1. done with intention or on purpose; intended.
2. of or pertaining to intention or purpose.

-Synonyms
considered
intended
voluntary
advised
planned

-Antonym
accidental

I like that the opposite of the word I am choosing to focus on in this new year is ACCIDENTAL.

I do not want to live life accidentally.
For example, I do not want to accidentally eat 500 too many calories a day. If I eat 500 extra calories, it will be an intentional choice. Considered. Planned.

Now, with that being said, I do believe in spontaneity...you know what they say about it being the spice of life, etc. I believe in spice! I just don't believe in living spontaneously day to day. You know, BALANCE. **as in my 2010 word**

Welcome 2011. I look forward to you!



FIT TIP (#119): Spray Calories Away
Avoid a heavy hand with cooking oil. Use a sprayer like Misto (misto.com) or an olive or canola oil spray from Pam. A two-second spritz is roughly one-half teaspoon of oil...100 calories fewer than the 3 teaspoons that could end up in your frying pan.


Words for the Week
{1.10.2011}

5 comments:

Jerlyn said...

Love your new word. Love that you inspired me to be creative on mine. Thanks so much!

Kim Messick said...

I love the name Holden! So cute! And I am definitely an intentional person...Everything on purpose for me!
Can't wait for you #3 Question to be revealed though!
Are you INTENTIONALLY holding back?

Bracken and Bracken said...

So happy for those brothers!! So sweet and precious that little Holden, I can't wait to meet him :)

The Jessups said...

What a sweet picture! I love that pic. AND, love your word!! Love it. And you!

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

here's a cute thought your grandson Tru and Holden are only a little over 3 months apart that makes them the closest in age out of all of your grandchildren:) how fun is that!!:)