Sunday, January 16

Opportunity, Oatmeal and...FIT TIP (#120)

About 6 weeks ago I was presented with an amazing opportunity.
I accepted.
I have since stepped out of my **working girl** comfort zone. Way out.
Now I am seriously considering turning one of the guest rooms
**the very one I was considering turning into a fitness room**
into a home office.
I adore this memo/bulletin board...



...and these accessories.



Simply love this light fixture & chair.



Ahhh...rug love! And, I already have this desk.



Or I could just do this with the closet. **and still bring in the fitness equipment**




FIT TIP (#120): The Heart-Smart Whole Grain
An easy way to significantly lower your cholesterol is to eat whole-grain oatmeal daily. The fiber in oatmeal forms a gel that slows down your body's absorption of cholesterol.

Remember...choose one that's low in sugar (one gram per serving), such as Quaker Weight Control Instant Oatmeal.

Also...to satisfy your sweet tooth, top the oatmeal with a handful of antioxidant-heavy blueberries.

Bonus...people who eat oatmeal for breakfast tend to stay full all morning and consume less at lunch, due in part to the protein and fiber.



Words for the Week
{1.17.2011}
peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

5 comments:

The Jessups said...

Ooooh I love all of those! I actually love the closet one!!

McMemories said...

LOVE it all! It makes me want a home office too!! When can we have details about your new adventure:)

Bracken and Bracken said...

Love all those ideas for your extra room :) it'll be so cute!!

Kim Messick said...

All of those are great ideas for a home office! Go for it!
And now I feel better that I eat oatmeal with blueberries every morning for breakfast! Stays with me all day! And my son and I have always collected rocks shaped like hearts at the beach!!! Seriously so neat!
Great post!

Jamie Jo said...

I have fallen in love with Better Oats brand oatmeal. It may not be the healthiest on the market, but I don't think it is bad. It comes in so many delicious flavors! A pack of 5 is $1.19, compared to a pack of 10 of the nasty Quaker oatmeal for $3.69!!! My kids love them too. They are an easy breakfast and don't have near the sugar or calories that our cold ceral did.