Friday, April 30

Lip Service...and FIT TIP (#81)

Eyes were itchy.
Nose was runny.
Throat was scratchy.
So, I popped an allergy pill.

And then I read this:

Thirty minutes of making out can improve allergy symptoms. Research shows that kissing reduces the amount of chemicals your body releases in response to allergens.

Can I get a woot-woot?

No lie...it was in Fitness magazine...so it must be true.

One more reason I'm glad to have "someone" in my life.
Allergy relief without causing drowsiness.


FIT TIP (#81): Hara Hachi Bu
This Japanese term means "eat until you're 80% full". It's a calorie-saving strategy used by the Okinawans, who have one of the lowest rates of heart disease, cancer, and stroke--and one of the highest life expectancies--of any population in the world.

Try this: Stop eating when you feel only slightly full; within 15 minutes, you should be satisfied.

Happy weekend!!!

6 comments:

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

that's good to know

The Jessups said...

tmi. jk. :) i think i'm the only one in the fam w/out allergies!

Jerlyn said...

Absolutely love this post on so many levels! Too cute! So glad you are happy!

Kim Messick said...

Hahaha! That's wonderful news!

amynicole said...

i love all of your tips!

Jamie Jo said...

I get terrible hayfever this time of year. I'll have to let Ryan know about this. Though usually I hate kissing when I've got it because I feel like I can't breathe. I guess I just have to give it a little time. By the way, I need a "someone" update.