Sunday, September 27

Is It Just Me?...and FIT TIP (#45)

Still using our pools
**in the Valley of the Sun**


Is it just me?
As serene as this setting appears,
could you REALLY relax on those
chaise lounges?

Without wondering what
**like a boulder**
might roll off the hillside and
land on top of you?

I'm just saying...
I'd be scooting my chaise
to the other side!

FIT TIP (#45): Spice It Up
When cooking low-fat/low-calorie meals, use a lot of spices & seasonings. They can make your meals taste so much better and therefore make you feel more satisfied.

Below is my favorite spice mixture **just add to taco meat, guacamole, etc.**

Taco Seasoning Mix


When a little **or a lot** of spice is necessary!
Mix together & store in covered container:

chili powder - 2 Tbl.
paprika - 1 1/2 Tbl.
onion powder - 1 Tbl.
garlic powder - 2 tsp.
oregano - 2 tsp.
ground cumin - 2 tsp.
sea salt - 2 tsp.
cayenne powder - 1/2 tsp.
crushed red pepper flakes - 1/2 tsp.
black pepper - 1/2 tsp.

I often double **even triple** this recipe...as to not run out.
It really can be sprinkled in/on so many dishes for added flavor...ENJOY!

3 comments:

The Jessups said...

Yes, I don't know how comfortable I'd feel laying there!

Can't wait to get home and make that seasoning!! YUUUMMMM. I need something like this!

Connie said...

I just used the seasoning in some guacamole whipped up...and couldn't help but think of Stone :)

Heather said...

Yay for homemade spice mixes! Sounds awesome!