Monday, December 29

Up Sale the Female

I'm sure you are familiar with this concept. It is not new. I have fallen for it (more than once) I will admit!

It is usually mechanical or electronic in nature.

The men in my life (starting with my dad!) have warned me about it and continue to remind me about it. They even step in (thankyouverymuch) when they sense I am falling for it.

This weekend I came head-to-head with it and was victorious!

My most expensive encounter with it was when I was pregnant with Kendal. One tire had a slow leak. With two little boys in tow, I headed to the tire store for a quick and cheap repair. My tire was inspected. I was informed that I should invest not only in a new tire--but 4 new tires--special tires for the Arizona heat. Especially since (and at this point a nod towards my little boys and then one toward my baby bump was added for dramatic flair) I had such precious cargo! I couldn't argue with that, and it happened. The men in my life were not amused.

This weekend it played out a bit different.

"Don't let them up sale you" reminded Cliff, who was guiding me (long-distance) via cell phone on the purchase of a router.

I listened to the salesman do his thing. It is his job after all. Being nice pays off. He ended up showing me one like his...on a clearance shelf...way in the back. I wouldn't have found it on my own.

I know, a router! I installed it. It is okay to be impressed. I am :)

My wireless connection is restored...life is good!




4 comments:

The Jessups said...

Very cute post! Glad Cliff could help! He's such the handy man. I will keep him!

Connie said...

He was a sport! AND didn't laugh (very much) at my silly questions!

The Jessups said...

No, he was glad to help!

Jamie Jo said...

I love your story telling! That is so true, though, isn't it.