Monday, December 15

Need a Little Beat Well

Jordan picked Germany.
3rd grade...Christmas report/project.
Seemed logical...Grandma & Grandpa Bracken were there, serving a mission.

Bright idea! His or mine? Can't remember.
Let's bake German Christmas cookies for the class to munch on during the report.

Me: (in the kitchen - making grocery list)
Jordan: (at the table - chosen recipe in hand)
Me: "Okay Jord, read off the ingredients."
Jordan: "Sugar. Yup, we've got that. Butter. Yup, we've got that. Add two eggs and beat well. We've got the eggs. Beat well. Put that on the list, mom. We need beat well!"

I love this time of year.
Family. Traditions. Memories.

6 comments:

The Jessups said...

I love that story. One of my faves!

McMemories said...

that is so funny!! did you also add bacon powder to the list???

Connie said...

Hey Lynds---I'm gonna make you some special Christmas cookies with bacon powder---YUM!

Jamie Jo said...

That's cute. That also made me hungry for cookie dough, and that's not good for the size of my hind end.

Karen said...

Ha ha ha that is cute...I can just see that little boy like it was yesterday! I hate banana strings too! Im going to try your muffins bc I ALWAYs have bananas...and I'm ALWAYS throwing them out!

Bracken and Bracken said...

Lyndsie stole my comment, I was so excited to be funny :)