Saturday, December 20

CHOCOLATE...It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore!

That's what a sign in my kitchen proclaims.
We are not a "vanilla" family. We just aren't!
I had almost a full gallon of vanilla ice cream--left over from Chloe's birthday party--sitting in my freezer.

Lonely and almost forgotten.

Apparently, most of the party-goers preferred the more flavorful options also :)

So, with ingredients found in my kitchen, I whipped up this hot fudge sauce...

...and the vanilla ice cream got eaten!

**Heather (my friend at The Healthy Bite) please don't judge me too harshly :)
**The rest of you...here's the delightful recipe...enjoy!


Hot Fudge Sauce
1 can evaporated milk
2 cups sugar
4 ounces chocolate (squares or pieces...I used choc. chips)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
Heat milk and sugar to rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Add chocolate; stir until melted. Beat over heat until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in margarine, vanilla and salt.

Please note, beat well is not one of the ingredients...nor is bacon powder!




5 comments:

The Jessups said...

YUM!! Can't wait to try it. You know me and chocolate. I love your decorations! Always sooo cute!!

Heather said...

haha don't worry I'm a big believer in everything in moderation (and moderation during the holidays is slightly larger than normal!) :) Sounds delicious! And ditto what Kendal said, your decorations are adorable!

Bracken and Bracken said...

Mark is a vanilla person, and as a chocolate person myself, I just don't understand that world :) How does anyone not love chocolate? One of lifes many mysteries :)

Connie said...

Jacki-your hub is his father's son...sooooo much! Paul and Grandpa Bracken...vanilla! Hmmmm, which will Dallen prefer? Time will tell :)

Jamie Jo said...

Yum! I love Hot Fudge. I had a hot fudge malt a couple nights ago and I can't stop thinking about it. If somehow chocolate could disappear from the face of the Earth in all forms, I would stand a change at fat loss. But as long as it exists, there is just no chance of my denying it. In fact, as soon as I get the kids down I plan on making some cook and serve chocolate pudding to unwind with.