Tuesday, November 4

My Day in Court

I was summoned.
Jury Duty.
I know the drill.
Showed up at the appointed time.
Filled out paper work, watched a video.
Assigned a number. Ten.
Filed into a courtroom.
Answered questions out loud.
Learned way too much about 53 strangers.
Number 11, sitting right next to me, has a half-brother serving time for murder. I tried not to flinch. As requested by the court, several others shared about their family members "convictions".
They know a bit about me too. They know that I am related to attorneys.
I'm pretty sure that's why I was thanked and excused (after several hours)...it happens every time!

6 comments:

Klepinger said...

Thank you-Paul!!

Connie said...

...and Mark and Cliff! The more the merrier!

The Jessups said...

YAH for attorneys!

Jamie Jo said...

I've been summoned a few times, and never shown up. I don't know how many more times I can get away with that.

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

your so cute i can just picture you now. trying to avoid the man next to you, without making it obvious. then leaving early like the classy lady you are. love it!

Patti's and Bobbi's Excellent Adventures said...

Sorry about the jury duty. Isn't that the most collosal waste of time? There's gotta be a better way. And....no, we've never made Mom ride in the trunk! On bad days it may have been a fleeting thought tho!!