Tuesday, November 11

Easy, Breezy and Cheesy!


Pesto Pizza

Start to finish: less than 30 fun minutes!

Crust options: I used Jiffy (my first time ever...it was quick, easy, cheap and yummy). Papa Murphy's sells a large crust (uncooked) for $2. Or your fave dough.
Toppings: What's your pleasure? (That's the fun part...what do you feel like?)

Preheat oven (450-ish degrees).
Spread dough on greased plate/pan.


***tip: pour small amount of olive oil on plate/pan and pepper the oil. Use your fingers to spread the peppered oil, and then use your greasy fingers to spread the dough. This way the dough won't stick to your fingers!***

Distribute desired amount of pesto directly on dough. (I used garlic/basil)
Add your choice of meat.
(I used sliced Canadian bacon, Kendal used a shredded chicken and alfredo sauce mixture over tomato/basil pesto)
Sprinkle grated cheese. (I used a shredded pizza blend)
Add other chosen toppings. (I used sweet red roasted peppers and sliced red/purple onions)
Apply light sprinkling of olive oil.
Bake 15-18 minutes.

And the smell...like an authentic pizzeria...YUM!

When the kids are here later this month, each couple can CREATE one. A gourmet pizza party. The possibilities are endless. So, start thinking, kiddos!

15 comments:

The Jessups said...

Yummm. I'm excited for the gormet pizza party!! We're hooked on homemade pizzas lately. We've had one once a week for the last few weeks. Taking a break this week!

Convert to Reef said...

whoa. that looks good!! i've got to try and make this! oh, p.s. we tried the lime and salt popcorn...loved it!!!!

Convert to Reef said...

the above post is actually deb and cecilio. i'm using marcy's computer and i guess sheldon is logged on or something. anyway, just thought i'd let you know.

Connie said...

Oh Deb, thanks for clarifying...I definitely would have been stumped by "tank" :)

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

wow!! that looks so good can't wait to try it. and can't wait to see you , love ya

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

i thought you should know that your baby girl is so close to walking. she could do it right now if she wanted to. she's just having too much fun teasing us and getting our hopes up.it's such a fun time! love ya!

Connie said...

Cannot wait to witness it for myself!

Klepinger said...

"Connie Crocker"? You could write a cook book!! That looks soooooo yummy!!! We are excited to see all of the fam!! Lee

Klepinger said...

I wish all the girls were gonna be here for my B-Day PARTY!!!

Connie said...

Yeah right, Lee...you are the cook in the family! I wish all the girls would be here for the "big bash" too...why didn't we think of that sooner?

The Jessups said...

i wish we were there in time for it, too!

"Connie Crocker" haha. That's funny. But LeAnne is right mom--you really are such a good cook!!

Jamie Jo said...

YYUUUMMM!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

That looks really really good! And I love your new profile pic. You are so, so pretty!

Karen said...

Yum Im totally going to make this! Oh my gosh how awesome for you Tanner is moving there! I will be there from Dec 30-Jan 11th so I wanna see them! Okay I'll keep in touch...we might have to do a Dunkin Donuts run for old times sake :)

Patti's and Bobbi's Excellent Adventures said...

That looks really good Connie. Maybe I could even outcook Trevor for once in my life! I like that the pizza has no tomato sauce, because I'm not crazy about tomatos!! I still need to call you. I'll wait until after the Thanksgiving feeding frenzy! We'll all be together in Tulsa with Trev. You all have a good one. Love ya.