Thursday, October 23

Real Mothers...Yes, You!




This is for all of the young REALMOTHERS that I know, admire, and love!

(One of which I'm pictured with-Kendal, and the one who is on the receiving end of her REAL MOTHERING, Stone-last month in Texas.)

REAL MOTHERS don't eat quiche; they don't have time to make it.
REAL MOTHERS know that their kitchen utensils are probably in the sandbox.
REAL MOTHERS often have sticky floors, filthy ovens, and happy kids.
REAL MOTHERS know that dried play dough doesn't come out of carpets.
REAL MOTHERS don't want to know what the vacuum just sucked up.
REAL MOTHERS sometimes ask "Why me?" and get their answer when a little voice says, "Because I love you best."
REAL MOTHERS know that a child's growth is not measured by height or years or grade.



10 comments:

Connie said...

Awe! What a sweet/cute post. I have the best real mother. :)

McMemories said...

Kendal are you using your moms password:)

Connie oh I needed that -sigh laugh- especially the dried play doe in the carpet....ya. Im glad you had fun with my real mother today;) xoxoxo

Jamie Jo said...

Have you read 12 Simple Secrets That Real Moms Know? It's by Michelle Borba. I have a group of friends that reads one chapter a month for a book club. I bet you and Kendal, and your daughter-n-laws would love it.

Connie said...

Someone's been using mama's password :) Made it look like I was patting myself on the back!

Hey Ken, it's Friday...where's your flashback?

Lynds-your real mom is real fun!

Jamie--Thanks for the tip! I'm getting that book for me and my girls!

The Jessups said...

haha, oops!! That would be my comment! Flashback coming soon. I've been out ALL morning/afternoon.

Klepinger said...

What about real grandma's-we could come up with a few!!




* We must have done something right look at our daughters!!!

readerfam said...

Hi Connie!
This is Helen, your blog is so cute and you look amazing! I love reading Kendal's blog and keeping up on her busy life, Stone is darling. I just found out that we are going to be grandparents in May! BriAnne is pregnant :)
Looks like you are doing great, so glad.

Heather said...

I know this isn't a comment on this post but I wanted to THANK YOU for your SWEET comments you left on Kendal's blog about my blog! Hope all is well! :)

The Jessups said...

Oooh!! BriAnne is pregnant?! Yeah!!

And PS: Look how DARK Stone is! We look so white compared to him!

Connie said...

Ummm, Kendal? We ARE so white!