Friday, October 17

One Dark October Evening


One evening during a violent thunderstorm, a mother was tucking her son into bed. She was about to turn off the light when he asked, with a tremor in his voice,

"Mommy, will you sleep with me tonight?"

The mother smiled and gave him a reassuring hug.

"I can't dear," she said, "I have to sleep with Daddy."

A long silence was broken at last by his shaky little voice:

"The big sissy."


Enjoy this dark, October evening...and the weekend that follows!

4 comments:

The Jessups said...

haha-that's funny. Can you believe it's already half way through (more than 1/2 way) October?! Where is the time going?

scotty&chels said...

i agree it's going by too fast and it's my fav. time of the year!

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

so i was signed under chels when i left that ha ha ha i crack myself up!

Klepinger said...

You always make me laugh!!!