Thursday, January 3

Hello, Goodbye...and FIT TIP (#183)


Welcome Twenty Thirteen
but first...

Adios Twenty Twelve
and thank you!
I liked you...a lot.  Actually I loved you.

I became a newlywed.  I moved.  I got a new (part time) job.
I love him more today than yesterday.  Everyday.
Our home is 1 mile from my office.  Score!

Grandchild count went up.  My six became seven when
Kendal gave birth to Knox.
Once upon a time he had to fight for his life.
He won.  Miracles...I believe!
HH has 5.  Do the math.  Yup, that's 12!

I became a Sunday School teacher to teenagers...again.
I plan and prepare lessons.  I learn.
I teach of Jesus Christ...the greatest teacher of all.

I left the country a few times...and the state
quite a few times!
Explored with HH.  Visited awesome places
and people.

I started a new book.  Can't wait to share.
The subtitle is "one simple act".  It's pretty great.
It is playing a big part in
my word for 2013.

Twenty Twelve, you will always hold a
special place in my heart & memories!

And now...Twenty Thirteen.  Let's do this!


FIT TIP (#183):  Gratitude Calms
A grateful state of mind induces a physiological state called resonance...associated with healthier blood pressure and heart rate.
Try this:  Begin a gratitude journal.  Practice praise.


Words for the Week
{12.30.2012}

2 comments:

The Jessups said...

It WAS a good year! Fun recap to read, and as usual, great fit tip and words of the week. Yah for 2013!

Jerlyn said...

I heart this entire post. I agree! Gratitude is one of the greatest gifts that our Father in Heaven gave us. As we feel gratitude for our own lives, our own blessings, our own families, gifts from our Savior, etc. it leaves no place for envying, being jealous and angry. When given so much, we choose to have a grateful heart there is no room for the roots of hatred and anger and jealousy to take root. I am so very grateful for gratitude.
And, for you my friend, grateful for such a wonderful 2012 for you. I hope 2013 treats you just as wonderful and kind and you have a lot to be grateful for!