Tuesday, January 15

Icicles in the Desert, not Dessert...and FIT TIP (#184)

This is Arizona, the Valley of the Sun.
These are icicles on our fountain.
Wasn't it just a few weeks ago
 I was bragging about doing yoga...
poolside?
Well, looky here, would ya?
We desert rats are freezing.

P.S. desert rats are different than
dessert rats. Right?



Even though I prefer my surroundings
without icicles,
I can appreciate and admire
the beauty of it all.

Reliable sources profess
our winter weather
will be back to what we are used to
day after tomorrow.
Phew!

Moving on from DESERT issues to DESSERT issues:
Our lemon tree is producing, and I think I'm going to fix something yummy and warm.
With sweetness dripping off the edges...icing icicles.  Yes, that's it!
I love anything and everything CITRUS-y!


FIT TIP (#184):  Show Up
No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up!


Words for the Week
{1.6.2013}


"One resolution I have made and try always to keep, is this:
TO RISE ABOVE THE LITTLE THINGS."  --John Burroughs


2 comments:

Heather said...

Have you revealed your word for the year yet or did I miss it??

The Jessups said...

Oh yummy lemmon!! And our weather is so chilly, too!! And ours is also supposed to warm up, beginning tomorrow. We'll see!!

And I am with Heather--where is your word reveal?!