Friday, January 25

Oh My Word!...and FIT TIP (#185)

Words are Powerful
As 2012 was winding down, I thought about "my word" of years past.
My focus word.  One per year.
One by one they became my companions.
Helped guide and direct my actions
for a year and then stuck around after
a new year & word came along.
I invited them to stay.
 
As I was contemplating possible words for 2013
 
I couldn't help but realize the power of words.
They can encourage, comfort, inspire, uplift, teach, etc.
A simple word or two can do so much good.
I've seen it.  I've felt it.
On the flip side, and there is one,
they can hurt, harm, stifle, discourage, frighten, etc.
A simple word or two can do so much damage.
I've seen it.  I've felt it.
So, I started a list,
in search of "my word" for 2013.
That's how I do it.  The list gets long
before is shrinks.  I debate
with myself.
This became my short list:
--wholehearted
--magnify
--expand
--occupy
And then I read this: 
 

And it spoke to me.
Exactly the "feel" I was going for.
 I almost chose "extra".
And then it clicked.  Just like it always does.
STRETCH.
Take what I've got--
what I've been given, assigned, earned, etc.
and stretch it...


You know, that little extra.
S-t-r-e-t-c-h the norm...my personal norm.
My new word is almost 3 weeks old.
I'm liking it...feeling it.
 


FIT TIP (#185): Dream




Words for the Week
{1.20.2013}





Words for the Week
{1.13.2013}


1 comment:

The Jessups said...

Love all of this! Love the word, how you came to it, and the quotes; especially the gate quote. Stretch is a great word!