Sunday, February 20

Aye, Eye, Aye...and FIT TIP (#125)

Let's FACE itanti-aging tips, tricks, info and reminders are a good thing...no matter one's age or gender.

According to an oh-so interesting article I stumbled upon **thank you iPhone and Fitness Magazine** fine lines, dark spots, and furrowed brows can be repaired --or prevented-- with some skincare basics.



FIT TIP (#125): Anti-Aging Smooth Moves

Yes! You Should...
==Wear an SPF 30 sunscreen every day, year-round.
==Apply a weekly hydrating masque.
==Eat fruits & veggies with high water content **cucumbers, apples, etc.**
==Wear sunglasses **even at sunset** to prevent fine lines.
==Sleep on a satin pillowcase to prevent creases.

No, Please Don't...
==OD on at-home chemical peels **once a week is more than enough**.
==Pick at blemishes.
==Try every latest, greatest treatment **skin likes routine**.
==Take too-hot showers.
==Go out in the wind bare-faced.


Ooops...I confess, I don't "mask" weekly or wear my sunglasses at sunset (but I may start doing both!) and I love hot showers. But, I did recently buy SkinGlow pillowcases. I know, I know, laugh if you must but...

the package boasted: "Clinically proven to smooth the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and to reduce the appearance of age-related skin imperfections." On sale @ the bargain price of $8.99 each, I bought a pair. I may even try this:


Banana Mask **I'm not even a banana fan!**
Banana is wonderful as an anti-wrinkle treatment. Mash 1/4 banana until very creamy. Spread all over face and leave for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water followed by a dash of cold. Gently pat dry.




Words for the Week
{2.14.2011}
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Our precious little Chloe!


4 comments:

The Jessups said...

I love that picture of Chloe!

Ooooh, I looove hot showers. ...and I don't know about the banana mask. Have you had bananas smooshed all over? I have. A lot lately. And it does not smell good after a while.

Jealous you get to see the CA Browns! ...and that they get to see you!

Connie said...

Last time I had smooshed bananas on me was courtesy of your daughter...maybe I can handle it a little bit better this time? Yes, so excited to see CA Browns!!!

Kim Messick said...

I LOVE, love, love that picture of Chloe! It should be on the cover of the Friend Magazine with the title, "I am a child of God"! So precious!

Bracken and Bracken said...

I never expected my skin to show so many signs of aging, IN MY 20's!!!! Thanks for the tips, I WILL use them ;) and I love my mom's comment :)