Monday, December 20

Fa La La La Facts...and FIT TIP (#116)


Tinsel Time Truths:

1. My **half-priced** Hope is on display **above**.

2. Christmas is **only** 5 days away AND...


3. I do not have to step foot into another store between now and then. **I am ready!** BUT...

4. I will be stepping into a few more stores, for "extras". That's how I roll. **year after year**


5. I watched "White Christmas" yesterday. **a seasonal must, for me** Danny Kaye and Vera-Ellen dance the DWTS pros under the table!

6. I have been singing "Sisters, Sisters" for the past 24 hours. **thank you, Rosemary Clooney and W.C. cast** Also fact, I have 4 awesome sisters, and we may sing that song now and then...maybe.


7. Various holiday parties are fun. A lot of fun, BUT

8. Intimate celebrations are the best!





Final Win-It Tip **from top athletes**
for Fitness Strategy 2011

FIT TIP (#116): R&R
Athletes build rest into their schedules to avoid burnout and injury.
There's training and then there's over training. The former moves you forward toward your goal; the latter sets you back and potentially sidelines you.

You can't expect to live at your peak when you're exhausted, TRY:
working in micro breathers to do something mindless throughout the day. Taking brief mental holidays during the day means you're less likely to turn to unhealthy activities **Cheetos and junk TV** later.




Words for the Week
{12.20.2010}
"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." Charles Dickens

3 comments:

Heather said...

Valerie & I love White Christmas too!! Such a classic :)

The Jessups said...

For some reason, I picture you and Le Le singing "Sisters" the most. hehe. Such cute decorations, as always!

Jordan and Rachel said...

Wow your decorations are amazing. We love you!