Tuesday, December 14

Evergreen...and FIT TIP (#115)

"The evergreen!--How beautiful, how welcome, how wonderful the evergreen!" -Jane Austen
One of my favorite things about this season, the Evergreen. Some charming outdoor images...





















Continuing my Fitness Strategy for 2011...
another (#4) Win-It Tip from Top Athletes

FIT TIP(#115): Talk a Big Game
No one ever wins by believing that they can't. Top athletes are known to pump themselves up with positive self-talk.
Repeating "I can do this" to yourself is a way to replace the negative thoughts that pop up when you're under pressure. It helps you to focus on what you can do rather than on what you fear you can't.

Try this: Every time your internal voice goes rogue, counter it with a cue statement--a brief phrase that shuts down the critic, such as "I'm strong and in control" or "it's not a problem."



Words for the Week
{12.13.2010}
"He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." -Roy L. Smith

4 comments:

Jerlyn said...

One of my VERY favorite quotes! Glad to be reminded of that today!

Bracken and Bracken said...

cutest little snowheart!

The Jessups said...

Long the images, esp the beach tree!

Kim Messick said...

I love that snow-heart! And my favorite is the David Archuletta song playing in the background!! Love him!