Monday, June 7

Summer Sustenance...and FIT TIP (#89)

I like the word SUSTENANCE. **since Legally Blonde**
Kendal & I use it...frequently.

I also like the name TUTTI. **since 4th grade**
Something to do with a cat and doll clothes.
Plus, it's fun to say.

And OLIVES. I really like olives.

In honor of SUSTENANCE, TUTTI and OLIVES
I share...

Tutti's Olive & Noodle Salad


-Pasta **of your choice**
-6 oz. black olives
-clove of garlic
-drizzle of hot chili oil **love this**
-pinch of red chili flakes
-1 Tbs. olive oil
-sea salt & pepper

Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse w/cold water until chilled.

In food processor, mix remaining ingredients into pesto consistency.

Toss into pasta & refrigerate until served.



A wonderfully surprising fit tip. **Rachel will LOVE this**

FIT TIP (#89): Best Post-Workout Drink
New research **recently presented at the American College of Sports Medicine conference** suggests that drinking nonfat chocolate milk is better for recovery after a workout than carbohydrate-only sports drinks.

Chocolate milk can help your body preserve, repair and replenish muscle - and improve your performance the next time you work out.

5 comments:

The Jessups said...

Tutti?! How come this is the first time for me to hear this? haha.

I, along w/Rach, love the choc milk study! I've been trying to drink more milk, so I often add chocolate to it!

amynicole said...

Haha, sustenance is fun to say. I'll have to tell Matt about the chocolate milk, he LOVES chocolate milk!

Jordan and Rachel said...

Chocolate milk makes me feel better even if I didn't just work out. Ask Jordan. I'm always saying, "I just need some chocolate milk". Gavin seems to like it. Hershey's special dark chocolate syrup is the best. I also think that meal looks really good. Might have to buy the ingredients.

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

k you said it so i'll drink it guilt free!! thank you for the fit tip it's a yummy one...i love rachel's comment it made me smile the whole time reading it:)

Jamie Jo said...

Chocolate Milk!!! Yum. I LOVE olives. But Ryan hates them. That and tomatoes. I cook with them still and let him pick them out, but I think that dish would do him in. I'm not a big fan of onions or mushrooms. But I don't cook with those, because Cook Decides!!