Wednesday, January 13

Seventeen Dollar Cucumber...and FIT TIP (#65)

**I think** the best part of going
out for sushi is the Japanese Cucumber Salad.
I made this...

thanks to Heather @ The Healthy Bite.
I've been fixing it **at least**
once a week
since she posted it. **a few months ago**

I called Kendal after I made it
**the first time**
and was raving about it's goodness.

Kendal: "Where did you find a Japanese cucumber?"
**Cliff comments in the background**
Me: "What did Cliff just say?"
Kendal: **laughing** "He said that sounds like a $17 cucumber."

I use European seedless cucumbers.
They do have seeds **?**...but you don't
have to seed or peel them. **as my picture shows**

I often fix it and keep
in a covered container in the fridge
to snack on. Amazing.

P.S. I found the disposable chopsticks at
the grocery store in the Oriental food section.


FIT TIP (#65): Embrace the **current** Season
Getting a workout outdoors during the different seasons will keep you from getting bored. Ice skating in winter, for example, or touch football in the fall.

These activities are fun, challenging and a great reminder that you don't have to be confined to the gym for a great workout.

4 comments:

The Jessups said...

hahaha, I have a funny husband. I have yet to try it, although, I shaved up a cucumber today with a potato peeler, soaked it in lime, and added it to our sandwiches. YUMMY. Stone loved it, too.

Bracken and Bracken said...

sounds yummy!

Jamie Jo said...

Can you use cheap American cucumbers?

Connie said...

Yes Jamie! I used those over the weekend...either slice super thin (I have a slicer thingy) and/or peel them.