Sunday, December 20

Holiday Hooks...and FIT TIP (#61)

What I do with a bunch of candy canes...

Break off the "hooks".
Melt dipping chocolate
and dip.
Don't forget to add
festive sprinkles.
I don't stop there.
I grab a bag of
honey wheat braided pretzel twists
and dip them.
**every last one of them**
Adding sprinkles to some.
Leaving some plain...oh-so yummy!
For friends & family.

And what becomes of the "hooks"?
Put in a zip lock baggie
and crush **until powdery**.
Add to hot chocolate.
More festive-ness!

P.S. If some of your lovies
don't like peppermint...
try Bob's Original
Cherry Rainbow Candy Canes.



FIT TIP (#61): Do Good, Feel Good
Acts of altruism can lend a little pep to your step. Many studies have found that service and volunteer work can boost your energy in six ways. It enhances:
...happiness
...life satisfaction
...self-esteem
...sense of control over life
...physical health
...mood
Abe Lincoln said, "When I do good, I feel good".

5 comments:

The Jessups said...

Oh they turned out cute! What a great gift idea!

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

i think i need that with my hot chocolate tonight!

McMemories said...

We are going to have to try those!! I love peppermint in my hot chocolate!!! xoxo

Jerlyn said...

How cute are they! They look fantastic!

Kim Messick said...

So fun! And I believe that!