Thursday, December 17

Did You Know?...and FIT TIP (#60)


--Charles Dickens wrote "A Christmas Carol" (in 1843) in just 6 weeks.

--"Jingle Bells" was first written for Thanksgiving.

--Contrary to popular belief, poinsettia plants are non-toxic.

--If you received all the gifts in the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas," you would be the recipient of 364 presents.

--The first artificial Christmas trees were made of goose feathers and dyed green.


Antique **15 dollar** table w/book shelf. Before...

After...
**I have a thing for black paint**

FIT TIP (#60): Interval Training...
which is alternating bursts of intense activity with bursts of lighter activity--is a good way to burn more fat.

For example, if you normally walk at a moderate pace, add in spurts of faster walking. Work up to adding in spurts of jogging. This strategy will burn overall more calories and more fat.

6 comments:

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

i love what you did!!!

The Jessups said...

Interesting facts! And I do love what you did with that table. Oh, and I am a huge fan of interval training.

Jerlyn said...

Love the table!

Klepinger said...

cute, cute, cute.....can't wait to go antiquing with you!!

Klepinger said...

I just looked at all your posts...I've been away from the blogging world for too long!!! I love your dogs, it makes me want one (and a job)!! I love all your Christmas decor (you and Joan have always had a knack for decorating, so cute, it could be in a magazine) Love you....

Kim Messick said...

Love the table and the fun facts! I love goose-feather trees!