Sunday, December 13

Collections @ Christmastime...and FIT TIP (#59)

I've used bits & pieces of my collections
to decorate for Christmas this year.

I have a collection of vintage musical instruments.
I used the **full-size** trumpet
**inspired by Stone at Thanksgiving**
as the centerpiece of the tree.


I love old books.
Sometimes it's the title that I'm drawn to.
Other times it's the cover and/or color that attracts me.
Occasionally it's the inscription on the inside...

The Good Shepherd (1940) and
The Story of the Other Wise Man (1920)
are beautiful reminders of the
true meaning of the Christmas season.


I combined some of my cloches & black pedestals
for a centerpiece in the dining room.
I didn't have a pedestal **in black** the size
of one of the smaller glass domes...

but, I did have:
a black candlestick & appetizer plate...
and glue.

I now have the perfect pedestal
for one of my vintage trumpeters.

FIT TIP (#59): Tune In
Music is one of the most effective ways to change a bad mood, decrease tension, and increase energy.
Research suggests that music effectively distracts you from feeling fatigue.

Consider this: Runners in one study who listened to music while on the treadmill ran faster than those who jogged in silence.

Try this: Burn a CD of your favorite songs and play it when you need a pick-me-up.

5 comments:

Bracken and Bracken said...

i always love your decorations!!

The Jessups said...

i LOVE the trumpet in the tree! turned out great!

and cliff won't run without music!

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

oh i have a sweet memory helping you with your tree last year....i love the trumpet!!! miss you!!

clip-football said...

Thank you very much

Kim Messick said...

Love it! I have to have music in my life at all times! Especially when I am NOT running!