Sunday, November 8

If You've Ever Been Tempted...and FIT TIP (#53)


If you've ever considered trying one of "my recipes"
please, pretty please...
let this be the one!
The two main ingredients
**that I'd rarely used until recently**
poblano peppers & polenta
are now among my favorites.
When given the choice **from here on out**
I will always choose the poblano over
the bell **as in peppers**

And the sauce...to die for...seriously.

polenta-stuffed poblano peppers

**start to finish: 30 minutes**

4 plum tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 poblano peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
sea salt & pepper
1/2 cup polenta
1 10-ounce package frozen corn
1/4 cup soft goat cheese (2 ounces)
4 scallions, sliced

On baking sheet, toss tomatoes, onion and oil: turn tomatoes cut-side down. Place peppers on sheet, cut-side down. Broil until tender & charred, stirring onions and turning tomatoes and peppers halfway through, 5 to 8 minutes.

Puree tomatoes, onion, cinnamon, 1/2 t. salt and 1/4 t. pepper until smooth. Spread half the sauce in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange peppers cut side up.

Prepare polenta, following package directions. Stir in corn, cheese and all but 2 T. of scallions.

Divide polenta among peppers. Top with remaining sauce and bake at 400 degrees until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining scallions before serving.

My choice of polenta:

FIT TIP (#53): Exercise on the Brain (part 2)
Chronic back pain can cause you to lose up to a teaspoon of gray matter per year. Best way to beat back pain: Build muscle in your lower back and abdominals.

7 comments:

Bracken and Bracken said...

That sounds like something Mark would love but I have almost NONE of those ingredients in my house!! I will have to do some shopping :)

Connie said...

Jacki...come over some night and I'll fix it for you!

The Jessups said...

Yumm. Now that I have my new food processor and now that you've tried it with the poblanos, I think we need to try it!

Heather said...

Yum sounds delicious!! I definitely want to try this! I have to ask how spicy this would be considered? Wondering if I should save this one for myself and friends because most my family has a VERY low tolerance for spicy...I mean my Mom thinks mild Pace picante is spicy haha. Just curious!

Connie said...

The poblano is definitely spicier than the bell. I'm a horrible judge of "heat" because we all like things HOT!

Jamie Jo said...

I was going to ask what the heck polenta was. Glad you had a picture. I've never heard of those kind of peppers. Can you use Bell? And, goat cheese...umm...how about mozzerella?

Kim Messick said...

I'm too scared to try it! :D