Wednesday, November 4

Hate to Admit it, but...and FIT TIP (#52)


--I have a thing for white paper towels--
**and own a good size stash to prove it**
I realize it's not
environmentally correct, but...
I try to make up for it in other ways.
p.s. I mainly use cloth dish towels **versus paper ones**
in the kitchen.

--I'm not the faithful follower of DWTS
that I once was--

I only watch it with the aid of a DVR remote...
**finger on the FF button**

--I kind of like Donny Osmond, again--
and I hope he wins!
**I hope you're not disappointed in me, Charee**

--I have discovered THE BEST chicken wings--
**since Papillons**
from a hole-in-the-wall eatery,
located in a SHADY, little shopping center.
p.s. By shady, I do not mean "lack of sunshine", ya know?

--I like hole-in-the-wall eating establishments--
**ahhhh, Elmer's**

--I cut off a big, black truck yesterday--
just so I could pull into Sonic
and order a cherry limeade w/crunchy ice.
**after all, it was 92 degrees**

--I am so pleased that Shaq is no longer a Sun--
Enough said about that, and now...


FIT TIP (#52): Exercise on the Brain
Normal aging drains neurotransmitters and shrink brain cells.

Getting your heart rate up can reverse this process by increasing blood flow to the brain to improve memory and brain function.

TRY THIS: Eat an apple a day to keep the neurologist away. Apples contain quercetin, an antioxidant that protects your brain.

5 comments:

The Jessups said...

Fun post! We have barely followed DWTS this season. And what a GREAT wing place. I'm so glad we discovered it with you! And mmm mmmm mmm Elmers.

Jamie Jo said...

I'm still crazy about DWTS. I have loved Donny as long as I can remember. I have one of his Christmas albums, and it is my favorite! I use to have a Donny & Marie Barbie, and I'm so sad I didn't hang on to them. I did read that this season the ratings were down because the stars weren't as big, and the favorite dancers were either not on, or voted off early. I have to say that the new Anna reminds me of this Seinfeld episode where Jerry is in a taxi with a woman and the lighting keeps changing and she goes from looking pretty to sick, pretty to sick. I think that's how Anna is. Sometimes, I think she looks pretty. And sometimes I think she looks like a chipmunk.

Heather said...

Over 50 fit tips...that's awesome! I love them, keep 'em coming :)

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

we sat behind donny at stake conference and im always shocked at how little he is. maybe i'll mail him to you hee hee hee im totally teesing, i think it's fun you like him, i don't get it but i adore it! OH to ELMERS....how i salivate and crave the sauce....yummers!!

Kim Messick said...

I LOVE DWTS this season - because DONNY is on it!!! Ask Jacki how much I love Donny! Embarrassing? NOPE! Not at all! Love, Love Love him! Hugged him once too!
And I'm so happy to hear that my once a day apple is actually doing something for my brains!!! Thanks for all of your fit tips and fun posts!