Sunday, November 22

Five Guys & Four Sisters...and FIT TIP (#56)

"What are the odds?" sister #3's husband
asked out loud.

Five Guys came to town,
new to the east side of the Valley of the Sun...

and 4 **out-of-5** Bracken sisters
showed up, on the very same evening
at the very same time,
**without planning it**
to welcome them to our neck of the woods.

We are a friendly bunch, ya know?
Sister #1 ** AKA me...birth order**
running holiday-type errands,
called sister #4, to meet up
**join forces**
in completing the last of Saturday's tasks.

As a reward for jobs well done,
we headed to the new burger & fry joint.
**sustenance, right?**

Imagine our surprise,
as we walked in through the back door,
and bumped into sister #3 and hub.
**are you keeping track?**
Surprised mainly because they had been
hiding away at a Scottsdale resort
all weekend.

We ordered our grub and joined them.
Within minutes, sister #2 and her entire clan
**including Lynds & fam, but minus Ashley**
walked through the front door.

Five Guys and Four Sisters!
You have to know it was unplanned.
Otherwise, sister #5 would
have surely been there.
**and quite possibly Mark & Jacki too**

REVIEW of the FIVE GUYS: Dang Good
**4.5 burgers out of five**
I will definitely return.
Ordered mine with grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, tomatoes and A-1.
The fries almost taste healthy, and come regular or cajun seasoned.
**all food accompanied by great tunes**

P.S. My hamburger heart **I seldom eat burgers, honest...Heather, are you listening?** still belongs to IN-N-OUT.


FIT TIP (#56): Give Your Back a Break
**tip from the Detroit Pistons' trainer**
Check your mirror. Set your rearview mirror just a little too high so that every time you check it, you sit up straight.

5 comments:

Heather said...

haha I'm listening but don't worry I'm a dietitian that believes in EVERYTHING in moderation! So no need to feel guilty ;)

And I'm sorta feeling a little left out since I haven't tried Five Guys OR In-N-Out and they're even both near me! haha

Jerlyn said...

Too funny!

The Jessups said...

How funny. We just got a Five Guys and still need to try it. I didn't know Utah got an In-N-Out regarding Heather's comment! I better not tell Cliff.

And that's a good tip to help with posture!

Bracken and Bracken said...

SO funny!! Mark can't wait to go :)

Kim Messick said...

Hahaha! I laughed out loud at this post!!! You crack me up! I've never even heard of Five Guys! I guess the next time I'm in Tempe visiting Dallen - I'll have to take him over to try one out...
Love that back tip too!
You are too funny!