Monday, September 1

They Say it's Your Birthday (Sept. 2)...they're right, I was there! Happy 26 Jordan!

Since he's been about three years old, this is what Jordan looks like every morning when he wakes up. What's not to love about this boy? He is thoughtful and kind. I have NEVER heard him say anything negative about anyone. He's a pure gentleman...holds doors open for everyone, etc. He's smart. He loves to read and play the guitar. He loves Snickers and Chico's Tacos. He's athletic and tough, but also very sensitive. He has the best laugh. He's so dang fun! He's a good husband, brother, uncle and son. He makes my heart sing. He has from the beginning.

Jordan has an adorable wife! We love Rachel. They got married three (gasp!...seems like yesterday) years ago in the D.C. Temple. We all had so much fun back there! I love spending time with them...and now that there's a baby involved, WooHoo!

Hmmm...I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Jordan is watching some sort of sporting event. Ya think? Jordan has never met a sport he didn't enjoy participating in or watching. Oh wait, I forgot (sorry Kendal) cheerleading is a sport...and then gosh, there's rhythm gymnastics. Suddenly (thanks to the recent Olympics) I can think of several sports I don't think he enjoys :) Okay, my theory was just blown to heck. Let me rephrase. Jordan enjoys MANY sports!

Jordan has always had his own sense of style. And it's even won him a few awards (see above) along the way. He had a pair of fish slippers that he would wear to the locker room before his basketball games. Every game. And what about the Mr. Franklin pageant? Between the swimsuit, evening wear and talent competitions, he was able to showcase his wide range of personal style. (Eat your heart out Tim Gunn)
Jordan has always preferred wearing shorts. While in elementary school (and living in sunny Arizona) he tried to convince me that his legs were allergic to long pants. So, we struck a deal. Each school morning he would run out and get the newspaper--if the temperature for the day would be in the 70's or higher, he could wear shorts, no debate. And on those few days it didn't reach that number? Jeans. "New jeans? Size 7?" Inside joke!

Speaking of jeans---BBB's first pair! This is the day we found out BB (Baby Brown) is actually BBB (Baby Boy Brown). Jordan is going to be such a great dad. He's so good with Chloe (they live close to each other...lucky!) and she loves him (and Rachel!). Can't wait to see him with his own. I LOVE YOU JORDAN! ENJOY THE DAY!

5 comments:

The Jessups said...

Happy birthday Jordan!! Cute post, mom! He is too funny. Esp. dressing up as Brittany Spears...and then his Halloween costume. I miss living close to he and Tanner!

Klepinger said...

We love Jordan too!! Hope he had a wonderful day! Love seeing all the pictures of jordy!

McMemories said...

Happy birthday Jordan!! I swear caden looks just like him!! Jordy you crack me up i swear! I have tons of great memories of you, always makin us laugh!! we love ya

Patti's and Bobbi's Excellent Adventures said...

Hey Connie. Great and funny blog!! And I love what you said about your kids. I'm glad you found us. Patti and I are having alot of fun with our blog, but don't do it everyday. I'd like to say we have a life, but that would be a lie!! We're trying to keep ours light, so Health-tip Tuesdays is on it's way out. Great hearing from you and I hope we can stay in touch!
Bobbi

Karen said...

Congrats on your new casa Connie! And its so fun to see Jordan, cuz the last time I did he was like 3 or 4 years old! Yep, the hair is still the same! :) Im coming in Oct. so I wanna come see your new house and maybe Jennie and I can get babysitters and we can go to a movie or something!