Tuesday, January 24

What's the Big Rush?...and FIT TIP (#152)

Hello new year!You're only 3 weeks old and I like you already. A lot!

I have my word for 2012.

In the past, deciding on "my word" for a new year
was a process.
A word that would serve as a theme in my life
for 12 months...
that's a lot of pressure for one little word.

This year was different.
The word just came to me--out of the blue.
It didn't have to sit on a list with
a few other words
and eventually win the top spot.

PAUSE. That's my word.
Like the button on my DVR remote.
Like the comma on my keyboard.

What's the big rush, anyway?
When I'm at the park exercising
I PAUSE to admire the sunset.
And so what if my heart rate drops
for a bit...
have you seen an Arizona sunset?

What's the big rush, anyway?
When I'm eating lunch alone at home
I sit down, PAUSE and enjoy each bite
and even fill up while eating less :)

What's the big rush, anyway?
When someone says something or does
something that may annoy me
I PAUSE, let it go, and smile.

I could go on, but I think you get it.
PAUSE. It's a good word for me
this year.
Taking PAUSE to enjoy the small things,
even when big things need to get done.



My daughter's
daughter turns 2 in 2 days.
Happy Birthday Emerson Rose!



FIT TIP (#152): Comfort, Not Calories
The not-so-sweet truth...studies show that chocolate's soothing effect lasts only 3 minutes. To really kick a bad mood to the curb, treat yourself to a hot shower, a quickie massage, or 10 minutes of quiet, do-nothing time.



Words for the Week
{1.9.2012}

4 comments:

The Jessups said...

GREAT word! I like it a lot. YAH for 2012!

Oh I love that pic of my baby. Look at her little thighs. hehe. Can't believe she's turning TWO!

Connie said...

Love her always happy, smiling face!!!

amynicole said...

Oooh I like everything you said! If only chocolate's comfort could last longer :)

Bracken and Bracken said...

Such a good word :) Happy birthday Emerson!!