Friday, August 19

Summer Showers...and FIT TIP (#140)

Couldn't resist taking a picture **thank you iPhone** of this creative water feature in front of a darling cafe **on one of my summer getaways**.

Speaking of getaways...this summer has been so fun
and gone so fast!
School has begun in the Valley of the Sun.

Besides a few fun trips
I've been working on a few projects
and not blogging.

Maybe I'll share soon!?!

Since I mentioned **on one of my last posts**
that I'd been "treadmill-ing" it lately
I've been asked what I watch and/or listen to
while exercising.

I actually put together an up-tempo
playlist specifically for my indoor endeavors.

Club Can't Handle Me - Flo Rida
Firework - Katy Perry
Yeah 3x - Chris Brown
Please Don't Go - Club Mix
Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
Green Light - John Legend & Andre 3000
Raise Your Glass - Pink

I trade off between my "treadmill playlist"
and a few other fitness playlists I have.
I love iTunes!



FIT TIP (#140): Work With Your Strengths
Instead of focusing on what you aren't good at ("I'm not a runner" or "I've got bad knees"), concentrate on what you excel at ("I walk really fast" or "I have great core strength"). Building on the positives by choosing activities that play to them will help you find your inner athlete.



Words for the Week
{7.25.2011}
"The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 comments:

amynicole said...

Love the shower outside with all the greenery! And the yellow door is beautiful!

The Jessups said...

I like the playlist! I am going to download some of those songs and them to mine. Love the shower! And I like your words of the week, too.

Jerlyn said...

Missed you blogging! Love the outside shower. How fun!

Kim Messick said...

I have great stomach muscles! They just stick out too far!