Saturday, April 25

Sensitive Sniffer, $5 High...and FIT TIP (#16)


Sensitive Sniffer...that's how "realtor" referred to it.
**last summer when the (house) hunt had just begun**
I have a weak stomach and strong gag reflex.
**not exactly a match made in heaven**
And yes, a sensitive sniffer.
**throw that in the mix...not an ideal combo**

Chain reaction:
Sensitive Sniffer **when confronted with unpleasant odor** stimulates weak stomach, which initiates **strong & loud** gag reflex.
**if that weren't enough...my body lurches forward,
my eyes tear up, and I get the shakes**

ATTRACTIVE, I know :)

Equal in strength to sensitive sniffer, is my love for a good deal.
As much as I love antique & vintage objects,
I have never, ever been a thrifter.
**Sensitive sniffer + stinky store = above mentioned scenario**

Until yesterday!

A believer in positive self talk, I talked myself into it.
Before opening the front door, I took a deep breath of fresh air & repeated several times, "I can do this!"
Entered stinky store with the confidence of a seasoned thrifter!

I scored!
Spent $5.35 on 5 objects that I love.
Objects that fit perfectly into my collections.
I was on a $5 high the rest of the day.
**wasn't that hard to breathe out of my mouth for 20 minutes**

P.S. When I got in the car, I sniffed my hair to make sure it didn't smell like stinky store...and, I was no longer in the mood for lunch :)

FIT TIP (#16): Exercise High

Less stress, irritation, depression, and anxiety are often reported following regular exercise...along with improved mood and enhanced ability to concentrate. These benefits result in part from endorphins, which are chemicals in the body that give you a "high" feeling after exercise. They also help relieve body aches and pains.

4 comments:

The Jessups said...

you and your gag reflex. haha. CUTE items!! Even cuter than I pictured!

Speaking of endorphins remind me when Elle Woods said, "when you exercise, you release endorphins, and when you release endorphins, it makes you happy. and happy people just don't kill their husbands." (Legally Blonde)

Connie said...

Wouldn't you love Elle Woods as a neighbor?

Kim Messick said...

Oh, I could picture the stinky store in my mind and now I can't make it go away...I'm not a fan of stinky stores either...can't do it...won't do it...don't do it...no matter the cost!
Maybe I should do it, just so I lose my appetite like you said! =D

Jamie Jo said...

I do believe that one 100%. Sometimes when I am really uptight I crave a big bowl of ice cream and/or a nice long walk.