Sunday, November 27

Adventures in Peep Toes...and FIT TIP (#146)

It's beginningto look a lot like Christmas...
except here in the Valley of the Sun
where we are enjoying temperatures well into the 70's.

Which is just dandy if you're a lover of peep toes, as I am.

These happen to be my current favorites.They went on a very unusual journey with me yesterday...
they accompanied me **and RF** to the dump.

Yes, you heard me right, I went to the dump. AND I was wearing my favorite peep toes when I did so. WHY?
Plain and simply because I had no idea a trip to the dump would make it's way onto my Saturday agenda when I dressed for the day. AND, it certainly was better than the alternative...

barefoot.

Earlier in the week I had volunteered to help RF clear-out/organize his HUGE pantry on Saturday. A non-cooking single man and his pantry...yikes! I started this project just as anyone who knows me would expect...

3 piles:
--KEEP
--GIVE
--TOSS

In the end, the KEEP pile **items he may actually use** was the smallest of the three. The GIVE pile **good items he will never use** filled the trunk and back seat and were delivered to the closest food bank.

It was the TOSS pile **expired, scary items too numerous for the trash bin** that was the largest of the three and demanded a trip to the dump.

Once it was all loaded in, I turned to RF and said, "Why don't you grab a blanket and maybe we can find a shady spot on the way there for a little picnic!" Sometimes I think I'm funny. Thankfully, so does RF!

We got to the dump and backed right in where we were directed. STINKY! I was, no doubt about it, the best-dressed patron and the only female. We got out and started chucking cans and bottles **canned peaches, was my best guess** into the HOLE. Things were crashing and exploding and we were laughing and men were staring and...

it was so much fun. Until we got back to RF's and I realized "something" was stuck on the bottom of one of my peep toes!!!




FIT TIP (#146):

Came across this list and thought it would be a good "holiday health" reminder.



Words for the Week
{11.28.2011}

1 comment:

The Jessups said...

hahahaha. I was laughing the whole way through. Sometimes I think I'm funny, too. Then Cliff laughs, not necessarily because it was funny, but because I cracked myself up. Like mother, like daughter. You + the dump is so not a likely equation. Lastly, be glad something was stuck to the BOTTOM, and not in between your toes. Cliff has had unfortunate experiences with surprises ending up in between the toes on different outings. 'nuff said.